When looking for the ideal yoga mat for the first time, consider size and shape, thickness and weight, composition and, of course, retail price. If you take the time to carefully consider these variables, you will be more satisfied with your choices and will enjoy your yoga routine very much.
Yoga has become a force of Western culture, and the more people practice and develop it, the more they seek a sacred space where they can let go of themselves.
The Natural Yoga Mat is a good choice. Because the mat is made of cotton, it absorbs a lot of water and provides a non-hazardous surface during yoga practice. In addition, the cotton mat has a cooling effect.
Keep on reading the blog to know why you should choose an eco-friendly yoga mat Australia over a sticky synthetic yoga mat. Learn how eco-yoga mats can help both yogis and the planet, and the harmful effects of plastic mats.
- When choosing a yoga practice mat, eco-friendly mats are the best choice for you and the planet for several reasons. Many of the popular brand mats on the market are made of synthetic materials that are harmful to the earth. These yoga mats can also harm your practice.
- Toxic substances in adhesive mats such as PVC (polyvinyl chloride) can affect respiratory health. In addition, the production of synthetic mats produces toxic waste that pollutes the environment. During the manufacturing process, carcinogens such as dioxins are released into the atmosphere. Toxic additives travel into the air in the form of gases and small particles. In contrast, eco-friendly yoga mats are made from natural biodegradable materials that prevent pollution and are safer for people.
- Eco-friendly mats are also useful during class. In contrast to traditional sticky mats, the eco-friendly yoga mat sticks tightly to the floor so that the yogi is grounded to the asana and stays in place. Also, most eco yoga mats are the perfect thickness to provide good support for yogis during class, especially in reclining positions. The slightly rough texture of the mat is easy to stand up.
- Natural mats are often made from the following materials: Jute, a sustainable resource, natural plant fibre, rubber from tropical rubber trees, a sustainable resource. TPE Thermoplastic Elastomer, a non-toxic plastic that can be melted for reuse or PER Polymer Environmental Resin, synthetic plastic, but does not contain toxic phthalates or heavy metals.
- The yoga practice itself supports the well-being and freedom of all living things. By choosing an eco-friendly yoga mat, you play a role in protecting the planet and supporting your yoga lifestyle.
- Last but not least, if you want to make your morning comfortable and enjoyable, choose the yoga mat that’s right for you and your body.
Endnote: Hope you found the above information useful and helpful for better yoga. Experts also recommend using organic palo santo sticks that is popular for creating a positive environment. Prefer an eco-friendly mat if you do yoga on regular basis to experience various health benefits.