“If safety is a joke, then death indeed is a punchline.” There is this quote on the internet, and we doubt not a bit on it. These wisdom-sodden words come more true when the industry or home deals in hazardous materials like flammable liquids and materials. This is why there are legal authorities to bind anyone dealing with hazardous substances to have spill kits and PPEs. When it comes to Flammable liquids, advises Spill Station, best flammable liquid cabinet becomes the distance between life and death. If you already have the best flammable storage cabinet (Australia) then you must be known to how to use it. Otherwise, you must know how to buy the best flammable storage cabinet. We will try bringing some ease to you and guide you in your way through this article.
How to buy the best flammable liquid cabinet?
It first comes down to buying the cabinet. Says Spill Station, best flammable liquid cabinet must be bought to ensure maximum safety. But how to? Although there is no one-word answer, there are few things to look for. We put down for you what to look for when buying a flammable cabinet.
Qualities of a good flammable liquid cabinet!
Not all the qualities could be found in any one cabinet, but try to make sure that you find much of these in the product you are looking for.
- A good flammable liquid cabinet must be following all the Australian standards and guidelines if you live in Australia.
- It must have a 3-point latching system to ensure safety.
- It must be tested and approved for the use and should have a flame arrester within it.
- The signs and labels must be there on the front and must be clear to understand.
- Steel must be galvanized and corrosion resistant.
- Should have ventilation ports and have sturdy feet for adjustable surfaces.
- The capacity must be enough to store the liquid.
- The material used should be hard, preferably a galvanized steel.
Ensure these things you’ll have the best flammable liquid cabinet. This will save your health, wealth, and security for long enough. Now it comes down to using it.
How to use the flammable cabinet?
Now it comes down to use it so your safety is ensured. Follow these few things and you are good to sleep with ease.
- Make sure that the storage room has enough ventilation in it to ensure breathability and easy control in case of tragedy.
- You’re best flammable storage cabinet Australia must be stored away from any high heating material or surface. Also, no fire should happen within the required area.
- Keep fire extinguishing equipment well in reach so they could be used in case of a breakout.
- Ensure safe transportation of the cabinets. Wear protective gears and use proper equipment while transferring the cabinet.
- Keep an eye wash station near by the place but not too near.
- Store the cabinets away from elevators and stairs to ensure their proper usage for escape in case of fire.
- Keeps spill kits like absorbent materials to soak any spilled liquid. This will make sure that the area is safe.
- Make sure you do not store more than the cabinet’s capacity.
- Also, check the class of your flammable liquid and the class that the cabinet is made for.
Follow these things and you can ensure safety at your workplace.